Business Victoria recently introduced The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program to help small local businesses in building their digital capability. It provides $1200 rebates with an aim to provide business owners access to a wide range of digital business tools.
For this purpose, the Victorian Government has partnered with 14 suppliers that will provide the much needed assistance to build or upgrade a website, improve cash flow, market online, manage jobs, upkeep projects and track the stock.
Eligibility Criteria For The Program
The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program is for sole traders, micro businesses and small businesses. To be eligible, an applicant must:
- operate a local business in Victoria, operational since or before 28 March 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have continuously held the ABN since or before 28 March 2021
To access the program benefits, an applicant must meet the eligibility criteria and agree to the conditions outlined in the program.
Closing Date: The program closes on 18 Jul 2022.
What Support Is Available?
Only a limited number of rebates are available, and an applicant will need to pay ongoing costs for the product after the rebate runs out. The support available includes:
- Take free product trials and workshops
- Choose one or more of the digital products
- Purchase your product and start using it
- Apply for the rebate to cover up to 12 months access
To receive this support, applicants need to attest they are currently operating their business and intend to adapt it to a digital operating environment.
What Products Does The Program Cover?
Products chosen by eligible businesses must be:
- a new product not currently used by the business, or
- an upgrade of an existing product with additional product features providing digital capability, or
- a product available under the program used by the business before it resumes.
- hardware product from any of the approved vendors is eligible under the rebate.