The claim for the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme is now open to eligible employers who have hired or are currently hiring additional eligible employees by 6 October 2021. If you’re considering hiring more staff, you can benefit your business with this credit scheme. It’s the third time it is open since the pandemic.
Those employers are eligible to receive payments under the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme who have hired new eligible employees from 7 April 2021. Eligible businesses may claim up to:
- $10,400 over a year, for each additional eligible employee, hired aged 16 to 20 years.
- $5,200 over a year, for each additional eligible employee, hired aged 30 to 35 years.
How To Make A Claim?
To claim, you’ll need to:
- Register before 6th October 2021 through ATO online services
- Nominate your additional eligible employees by running payroll events
- Claim your payments – enter your headcount and payroll information for the JobMaker period.
If you’re already participating in the scheme, check your eligibility criteria before claiming for this period. The third claim period closes 31 October 2021 and the fourth one opens on 1st November 2021.
For more resources or information on eligibility, key dates, and a payment estimator tool, visit the ATO’s official website. If you want to claim this credit payment, our registered tax consultants at KPG Taxation are ready to help and guide you at every step of the claim process. Feel free to contact us anytime.